Saturday, April 2, 2011

SPRING IS HERE!

We awoke to a BEAUTIFUL, spring day here in Leavenworth, KS. We decided to celebrate the good weather by, going to Weston State Park, with Seth, Lindsay, and their crew. :-) We had an amazing day filled with TONS of goodness. :-) Here are a few moments from our day.


Shelby was so awesome and made me an excellent cup of coffee to take with me in the car.... YES, it is still coffee no matter how much cream and sugar I put in it. :-) We arrived before Seth and Lindsay so we decided to take a trip to the "scenic" overlook. I will say the compared to other scenic overlooks that I have been to in Ireland, New Zealand, Switzerland, Austria, Colorado... and soooo many other amazing places that it left a lot to be desired. :-)
I decided that mom should take a picture of us girls! Didn't she do a great job?!



My wonderful parents! Yes, they have jackets on because it was a little chilly this morning, but it warmed up nicely!



Now, Shelby really is NOT a woodsy person. Those of you that know her... well, you know just how true that statement is. I almost gave her a heart attack making her stand there for a picture.





PLAYGROUND TIME!!








Thanks again to Mom for a photo job well done!
















Scenic overlook, take two! Now that the rest of the crew was here we went back so the little ones could see.

LUNCH TIME!!! It had been soooo long since I had eaten a pickle.... Man, oh man were they GOOD!! I can almost taste it now!



Yes, even with all of our thoughtful planning we forgot a spatula! So we used the ice scraper from the car.. HEY! It worked! :-)





After lunch we took the boys home for a nap, then when they got up we headed out to play volleyball, which sadly there are no pictures of, but it was amazing being outside in the sand with the sun on our faces!




Yes, it was a GREAT day! I hope there are many more days like this in the year!


I hope you all enjoyed your Saturday!

Kristina Cowan



-

All imagaes brought to you by Memorycatcher Photography located in Leavenworth, KS

No comments:

Post a Comment