Monday, April 25, 2011

Inspiration Monday

Yes, it is MONDAY AGAIN! Since this one followed Easter I wanted to share a little bit of my great love of Easter with all of you! I truly love this verse and how clearly it shows the worth Christ sees in me, and put in me. I hope it encourages all of you as well!






I also wanted to share this legend... even if it is just a legend it fit right in with my image for today, so I thought it might be enjoyable.




The Legend Of The Dogwood Tree



As a child I heard this tale.Long ago during the days that Jesuswas here on earth in the form of manthere were many dogwood trees The dogwood was comparable insize to the oak tree and other monarchs of the forest. Because of its firmness and strength it was selected as the timber for the cross, but to be put to such a cruel use distressed the tree Sensing this, the crucified Jesus in his gentle pity for the sorrow and suffering of all said to it: "Because of your sorrow and pity for My sufferings, never again will the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a cross Henceforth it will be slender bent and twisted and its blossoms will be in the form of a cross two long and two short petals. In the center of the outer edge of each petal there will be nail prints brown with rust and stained with red and in the center of the flower will be a crown of thorns, and all who see this will remember."




Happy Monday!



Kristina Cowan



~



Images brought to you by Memorycatcher Photography located in Leavenworth KS 66048

No comments:

Post a Comment