Sunday, May 30, 2010

Still going strong!

I know everyone thinks that they have the best parents... However, today is my parents anniversary... So today, MY PARENTS get to be the best... deal?! :-)

Yes, these are my parents! Aren't they an adorable couple?! 27 years ago today my parents were married and pledged to spend the rest of their lives together! 27 years later they have 6 daughters, one son-in-law, and 2 grandsons with another grandchild on the way! In case you couldn't tell in the pictures... they are STILL happily married and VERY MUCH in LOVE! :)
For those of you that don't know I'm going to share a little bit about their story...
My parents were high school sweethearts back in Palestine, TX. Dad left for West Point, and the week after graduating he married my beautiful Mom. :) They spent the next 26 years of their lives serving the Military and those around them, and are now happily retired. They have moved 21 times in their married life! How many people can say that?! They have been through extreme stress almost losing each other to health issues... They have also been through separations the military has given us. They have also suffered through all the torments the six of us girls could muster up! :D Sorry Mom and Dad! :D Through it all they have remained strong.
They are an example of a Godly couple that has allowed God to be the guide of their lives and that CHOOSE to love each other daily!
If there is one thing my parents have stressed to all of us girls growing up it was looking at those around us and finding ways to serve others. It's been a huge part of my life and my parents have taught us all what it means to have the heart of a servant. I have truly been blessed with amazing parents that have stood by me and guided me my entire life.
I love my parents very much and would be lost without them... Here's to my amazing parents! LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!

1 comment:

  1. what precious pictures! :) and a wonderful testimony!

    ReplyDelete