Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July from Memorycatcher Photography and Family!

Happy 4th of July by: Memorycatcher Photography (Kristina Cowan)



I hope everyone is having a great day celebrating the independence of our country! As an Army brat whose family has served this country and lived the military family lifestyle the 4th of July is a BIG DEAL to me and mine! All of us girls love picking out red, white, and blue outfits for Church every year when the 4th rolls around. Then, we enjoy being red, white, and blue a bit more casually today on the actual 4th. This family portrait was taken yesterday after church. The fourth has always been a fun family day for us and usually involves grilling, having people over, playing games, going to see the FIREWORKS!! :-) And anything else we can CRAM into the day while we are at it!


However, this year as my family is retired my heart is drawn to everyone currently serving our country who due to that fact are unable to celebrate the day together as family because they are out there protecting our freedom. Sacrificing of their time and lives to be there for all of us today and every day. So I want to say a huge THANK YOU to not only the armed men and women of our country, but also their families as they give up 4th of July celebrations, missing birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and being home for dinner at night. :-)


This fourth of July my mind has also wandered to my freedom that is found in Christ. It is so wonderful to know that even though I live in a currently free country no matter what happens to this world I am Christ's and He is mine forever. To know that He will be with me till the end of time and that my true freedom is found completely in Him and not in the status of my country. I may be proud to be an American and proud to have been the daughter of an Army Dad who served for 26 years, but none of that can compare with being a true daughter of the King!


Happy 4th of JULY!!!! What are you're plans for today?!


I decided to post my Monday Inspiration tomorrow because I really wanted to do this post for the fourth today! Sorry! Check the blog tomorrow for the Inspiration post! :-)



Kristina Cowan

Images brought to you by Memorycatcher Photography located in Leavenworth Kansas 66048

No comments:

Post a Comment